22.11.07

On with the show

Asioita on tapahtunut, niinkuin niillä on tapana ja ei ole hirveästi huvittanut blogailla. Mutta, nyt olen taas takaisin suunnilleen normaalitilanteessa ja on jotain näytettävääkin. Joten takaisin normaaliin ohjelmaan.

- -

Things have happened, as they tend to do and I haven't much felt like blogging lately. But, now things are almost back to normal and I have stuff to show you. So it's on with the show.

- -

Neulekonekurssilla on edessä tämän syksyn viimeinen kerta. Ja minulta loppui lanka, niinkuin ennustikin. Tosin olisi kiva olla joskus väärässäkin. Mutta tässä kirjoneuleliivin etu-ja takakappaleet. Eroavaisuuksia löytyy (löytyykö?), mutta tein johtotason päätöksen ja käsittelen sitä/niitä design-elementtinä. Vaihtoehdot olivat tämä tai purkaa n riviä kirjoneuletta. Pahoittelen erivärisiä kuvia, yritin käsitellä niitä mutta etukappaleen neonkeltainen apulanka on aika vahva värinvääristyselementti. Mutta värit ovat aika sinnepäin kuitenkin. Kyllä siitä vielä kiva tulee ja lisälankaakin pitäisi tulla sopivasti ennen kevään kurssin alkua. Sitten vain pitää miettiä mitä muuta sitä keväällä tekisi.



The machine knitting class has progressed and today was the penultimate time (yes, I know some nifty words). And lo, I ran out of yarn as I predicted. It would have been nice to be wrong but no worries, I have new yarn coming soonish so I should be able to finish this when the class starts again in January. But, presenting the back and front pieces of the fair-isle vest. There's some differences (can you spot them?) but I made an executive decision and consider them design elements. It was either that or rip more than a few rows of fair-isle. I'm sorry about the different coloured photos but the day-glo yellow waste-yarn strip in the front piece was a bit too much for my camera and it messed the colours up a bit. But I have faith that it'll be absolutely smashing once its finished.

- -

Eikä kirjoneuleista pääse vieläkään eroon. Käsinväkerretty kirjoneulehiha on tässä vaiheessa. Vein sen kurssille mukaan koska siellä on aivan ihana höyrytyssysteemi. Kyllä jos kotona olisi sellainen niin silittäisin innokkaasti. Ehkä. Mahdollisesti. Tai no, tuskin, mutta ainakin se olisi hauskempaa. Moisella oikeaa itsepäisinkin ainaoikeinreuna. Kiva vehje, se. Ja kivalta näyttää hihakin. Seuraava vaihe on sitten kokoonompelu ja reunavirkkaukset. Tässähän voi jo melkein taputella itseään selkään koska molemmat hihat ovat vieläpä suunnilleen samankokoiset. Hyvä minä!

And you can't get rid of fair-isle for the sleeve of the fair-isle sleeved top is here. All nice, finished and flat. I took it along to the class for they have this wonderful steaming system there. Now, if I had one of those at home I would iron my clothes more. Maybe. Possibly. Well, not really but at least it would be so much more fun that it is now. It flattens even the most stubborn stockinette curl. Nice piece of equipment and nice is the sleeve too. All that is left is sewing it together and crotcheting the edges. I might pat myself on the back at this stage for the two sleeves are about the same size and all. Yay me!

1 comment:

Newly Knitting said...

Yay, you!!! The sleeve looks beautiful. The fair isle is smashingly wonderful!