24.10.11

Menneitä - Past Things

Olin minäkin siellä, retriitissä, tässä kuun alussa. Kamera oli mukana, mutta pysyi laukussa.


I was there, at the knitting retreat, at the beginning of the month. I had my camera with me but it stayed in my bag at the room the whole time.

- -

Tällä kertaa ei järjestettyä ohjelmaa ollut, mutta en kaivannut kursseja - en ole aiemmalla kahdella kerrallakaan ollut missään. Lankalotto olisi toki ollut ihan hauska, mutta kun ei tuota arpaonnea suuremmalti ole, niin olisin kuitenkin saanut jotain akryyliä.


This time there was no organized program but I did not miss the courses for I have not taken any the two times I've been there previously. Yarn lottery would have been nice but since I don't have much luck with raffles I would probably ended up with some acrylic.

- -

Samaan aikaan kurssitelleet voimavarakouluttajat tarjosivat kyllä rentoutustuokion, ja olinkin siitä ensin kiinnostunut. Kunnes kuulin että aiheena oli naiseuden voimauttaminen ja päätin olla menemättä. Ja hyvä, sillä jälkeenpäin kuulin sisäisistä jumalattarista ja muista, en ehkä olisi voinut olla nauramatta rento.


Some empowerment trainers had a course there at the same time and they offered us a relaxation excercises and I was interested at first. But then I heard that the subject was something about empowering our womanhood and I decided not to take part in it. Which was a good decision, for after I heard that they searched their inner goddess I probably would not have lasted the whole excercise without laughing.

- -

Lankakirppis ja "ota tästä"-pöytä löytyivät kyllä. Vein kirppikseen pari lankaa - ja toin ne takaisin kotiin. Lahjoituspöytään vein muovikassillisen ylijäämälankoja ja vaikka en sitä punninnutkaan niin arvioin että vein sinne enemmän lankaa kuin mitä toin mukanani.

There was a "for sale" and "take whatever you want"-tables. I took couple of yarns there for sale - and ended up bringing them back home. For the "take what you want"-table I took a plastic bag full of odds and ends. It's too bad I forgot to weigh the bag, but I still think I left with few yarn than I went there with.

- -

Ja koska en halunnut viettää koko retriittiä neuloen pelkkää karkkiväristä angoraa, niin aloitin toisen retriittineuleen. Jared Floodin Bridgewaterin. Siinä neulotaan puoli ikuisuutta ainaoikeaa neliötä kulmasta kulmaan - juuri sopivaa höpötystaustaneulontaa. Pääsin hieman yli puoliväliin. Lankana Knitpicksin Shadow värissä Vineyard.





And because I did not want to spend the whole weekend knitting just candy-coloured angora I decided to start a new knit. Jared Flood Bridgewater. You start it by knitting a garter-stitch square from corner to corner and it takes about forever. Just simple enough to knit while talking. I managed to knit a bit over half the square. The yarn is Knitpicks Shadow in Vineyard.

- -

Ja muut kuvat sitten? No ne ovat ne langat jotka päätyivät kotiin: Wollmeise 100% merino värissä Madame Souris WD (4 vyyhtiä), Hopeasäie Basic (1 vyyhti) ja Dream in Color Starry (1 vyyhti).

- -

And the other photos? Well, they are the yarns I came home with: Wollmeise 100% merino in Madame Souris WD (4 skeins), Hopeasäie Basic (1 skein) and Dream in Color Starry (1 skein).


No comments: