4.6.08

Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

This time only in English, since there's a high propability that the person being my spoiler will not know any Finnish. Besides, I'm lazy. So there.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Hmm...that's a tough question. I mean, I've knitted with many wonderful yarns, it really depends on what I'm making. But in general I like natural fibers, merino, silk, cashmir, etc. Cotton is okay, though I don't really love 100% cotton, but Rowan Calmer is butter.
I don't like acrylics. Period. Though, mixed with other fibers artificial stuff is all good and well, but in general I prefer to have my yarn with over 50 % natural fibers.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have my Options-set with the binder and I have a fabric "holder" for my dpns and my Addis reside inside a lovely wooden box.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Umm...for ages. We learn to knit in school here, that's were I learned too. Wasn't too much of a knitting fan until about high school. Then I suddenly had an urge to knit a sweater and that was that.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Err...in theory, but I haven't really updated it so in practice no.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I don't have one favourite scent. I like scents, but I can't really use them. I mostly use scented body lotions. One of my favourites is Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea. I generally prefer fruity scents over floral, since many floral scents end up smelling like cat pee on my skin. Must be some particular flower but it seems to be everywhere so I avoid them. I like blackurrant and citrucy scents and vanilla is nice too if it's not too overpowering. Don't like my scents too sweet, though.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes. Chocolate, really. Some favourites are Ferrero Rocher balls and Ghirardelli raspberry squeares. Ooh, and Belgian chocolates, but you can't really eat many of those, too sweet.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I usually make my own xmas cards, but that's about it. I do machine knitting, though, if that's considered a separate craft.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My taste in music is very varied. Only thing I don't like is Country&Western, really. Not too keen on hiphop or rap either.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I generally prefer colours on the colder spectrum. And I try to avoid primary colours. Yellow is not my favourite either. But, anything else goes...purples, blues, reds, orange, greens...

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married, no kids, a cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves yes, hats only if I can't avoid it, mittens...not too much, ponchos...no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Don't really have favourite items. I knit what I wear, mostly.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Umm...do I have to say them all? Ok, a lace scarf, socks, and I think there's a sweater somewhere and a scarf yet to be finished.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes, please.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular, bamboo or metal. Dpns for socks, wood or metal.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Hmm...did some UFO-busting a while ago so...don't have many of those.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Midsummer. The city is nice and quiet then.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Nah, not really...unless jewellery counts? Or shoes. Or yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Ooh, there's this Japanese Aran knit-book that sounds interesting. And I've yet to get Victorian Lace Today. You can always ask...
I subscribe to Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Hmm...I've been thinking of teaching myself to knit with both hands but other than that, not really.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I'm about EU39 size. If need be, I can give more exact measurements.

23. When is your birthday?

July 29th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes, and it's Niina.

Oh, and if I can make a request...no soaps, please. I don't use them that much and I got some from previous two swaps to keep me in soaps for a while.

No comments: