23.2.10

Vaihtopaketti - Exchange package

Osallistuin toiseenkin vaihtoon Ravelryssä (olenpas ollut ahkera) ja tällä kertaa aiheena oli kulttuurituote. Käärepaketista paljastui laatikko, jonka sisällön teeman arvaa varmaan kannesta?

I took part in another swap in ravelry too. The subject was cultural products. I got my swap package this week, and look what I found inside the wrapping paper. You might guess the subject from the cover, right?

- -

Paketissa päällimmäisenä oli pahvikansio sopivasti koristettuna ja sisältä löytyi pari ohjetta printattuna: Drift-neuletakki Berroccon ohjekokoelmasta, jota olenkin katsellut sillä silmällä, ja Kim Hargreavesin Sea Breeze-neuletakki. Tuota en olekaan huomannut, mutta pidän Hargreavesin ohjeista, joten valinta oli hyvä.

On the top I found a cardboard folder which contained a couple of patterns: Drift-cardi from Berrocco and Kim Hargreaves' Sea Breeze-cardi. I've had my eye on Drift for a while but Sea Breeze is a new one for me. Though I do like Hargreaves' design so both patterns were spot on.

- -

Kansion alta paljastui kauniisti käärittyjä paketteja. Tuo pakettien kahlitseminen klemmareilla oli mielestäni kekseliästä, Edmund kun oli vankilassa jne.


After this I got to the good stuff - not that patterns aren't good, but, well, you know, loot is loot. Nicely wrapped packages, I especially liked how they were bound together with paperclip chains, what with Edmund being in jail and all.

- -

Innokkaan käärimisen jälkeen paketeista paljastui seuraavaa: Carmolis-yrttikarkkeja, Aarrearkku-pussi, muistivihko ja kynä (kostosuunnitelmia tai muuta varten), pikku pussillinen helmiä ja lankaa. Langat ovat luonnossa jonkinverran syvemmän värisiä, en vain ole ollut päiväsaikaan kotona joten kuvat vaativat hieman käsittelyä ja lankojen värit laimenivat. Mutta, vihreäsävyinen on Fleece Artistin Merino 2/6 väriä Sea Foam, ja tumma on Fyberspatesin scrumptious lace silkki-merinohuivilankaa värissä Dark Jewels.

Kiitoksia mainiosta paketista Päitsylille! Ja jos ette jo huomanneet, niin paketin aihe oli Alexandre Dumasin Monte Criston kreivi, joka on yksi lempikirjoistani.

After some enthusiastic unwrapping I found the following: some herbal sweets (Carmolis), some other sweets (the mixed bag is called a treasure chest), small notebad and pen (for my revenge plans or some other stuff), a small bag of beads and yarn. The yarns somewhat more deeper in real life, I just haven't been able to take any photos in daylight during the week so I had to do some photoshopping. But, the yarns are Hand Maiden merino 2/6 in Sea Foam and Fyberspates scrumptious lace, a silk-wool blend, in Dark Jewels colourway.

Thank you Päitsyli for a nice package! And in case you didn't guess, the subject of this package was the Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, one of my favourite books.

No comments: