27.7.08

Hilja in English and question of the week #7

I added an English translation for Hilja, you can find it here (pdf).

And now, question of the week number 7:


What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit?

I showed it earlier, in this post. It is still my favourite place to knit, that corner of the sofa.

What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?

Here are some of my supplies...the square measuring thingy is used for swatches and of course it's also a needle gauge. My pink Chibi holds the needles (though I have somehow lost all the good medium-sized needles). Scissors are needed too, I have two identical pairs and most of the time I can find at least one. And measuring tape. I have several of them but I seem to find only the bad one that begins from 1 and not 0 (due to having been broken once and it's about to do it again).

See? So I have to remember to start measuring somewhere else than at the beginning of the tape. Maybe I should retire this already but then does it mean that I won't have any when I need?

And of course stitch markers. I use them mostly with lace (and not very often even then), when knitting in the round and sometimes to mark the increases/decreases. I have tons of them for I got nearly all that are on the purple thingy from a Nordic secret pal swap. Then I have some silver ones with pretty semi-precious stones (the lonely one in the middle, they're my favourite) and I got some rings with pearls just recently, which I'm planning to use with lace.

Oh, and tea, naturally. Or it could be something alcoholic too like a glass of good wine but not too much, otherwise I start making mistakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never seen one of those gauge squares before. Also, thanks for the idea for my stitch markers.