I joined the other day the Secret Pal 5-thing. Well, it's kind of like the Nordic Secret Friend-exchange we had (almost finished) but here you have only one secret friend that you amuse. Maybe it's a bit simpler because I was at times confused what I should send and when and to whom.
Anyway, here's the questionnaire from the website (info for my future Secret Pal). (Only in English this time, sorry).
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Umm...I have to confess that I am. At least I prefer natural fibers. If the natural fiber content is over 50% I'm a happy knitter. I tend to stay away from the acrylics.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Nope, and yes, but very seldom. I don't have the patience for crocheting.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Chamomille...and no honey for me. That's about it.
4. How long have you been knitting?
Ages and ages. I had a two-three year break that ended about a year ago. Then I discovered internet and the wonderful online yarn stores and knitting mailing lists and now I'm hooked again :-)
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do, but I don't update it really so I won't put it here.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Well...for one thing, I don't like scented candles because they do tend to be on the strong side. I don't like strong smells. And floral scents tend to react funnily with my skin making them smell a bit odd. So I like fruity and spicy scents. To name a few of my favourite scents: Green Tea by Elisabeth Arden, Laura by Laura Biagiotti, Dalissime by Salvador Dali, Happy by Clinique. And then vanilla is nice and citrus scents.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yup. Chocolate is nice although I seem to have gone off it a bit. I don't get those chocolate cravings like I did still a couple of years ago. But I do enjoy a good chocolate. I'm not really a candy person.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I sometimes felt and then I make christmas cards, but that's about it.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, my computer can play MP3s and I even have an iPod. And my taste in music varies greatly depending on my mood...no country and western though, but the bands/artists I like at the moment are: Marilyn Manson, U2, Queen, Garbage, Värttinä (Finnish folk music, modern style), Shivaree, Evanescence, Rammstein, Dido, Fiona Apple, Sheryl Crow, Pink, Suzanne Vega, Tom Petty...to name a few.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Umm.. that's a difficult one. First, I don't like basic colours, you know, your basic whites and blues and reds, although black is fine. And no yellow...and I'm not too sure about brown either. Reddish brown is sort of nice. I think I prefer autumn colours, muted, like burgundy, forest green, orange...stuff like that. Strong, nice mixed colours. Maybe a bit more on the cold side than overly warm.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a SO who I've been living with for ages and ages and we have a cat.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Umm...the supreme ruler of the Universe, of course...oh yeah, and health and friends and I do like to travel a bit too ;-)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Again, with the multiple answers question. But lately I've enjoyed Rowan Calmer and then I like soft wools (merino, cashmere blends, etc).
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylics. And I'm not too crazy about the sort of funky yarns like eyelash or furry. I've done my bit of experimenting with them, thank you very much.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I'm not obsessed, who said I'm obsessed? I absolutely deny any obsessions here. So no, not overly obsessed here. Though I do seem to be buying pattern books lately.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters and cardigans.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Take a look at the "on the needles"-section of my blog. That is usually quite accurate.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Ummm....no. I prefer not to. Ok, I have seen some cute crocheted ones but generally they're not for me.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Metal Addi Turbo's, baby!
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yeah. Although I do tend to stick with the same old basic pattern.
22. How did you learn to knit?
At school, like most kids in Finland I guess (yes, even the boys, at least they did when I was a kid).
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I have no idea. I dug it out the other day with the idea of finishing it but after taking a good look at it I decided it's for the frogging. But that's at least five years old. Probably older.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Well...Marvin the Martian absolutely. And Garfield is fun too, and Snoopy. Favourite animal is definitely cat.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Hmm....Christmas I guess.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Heh, earrings *g* Oh, I do have nickel allergy, so the hooks have to be either silver or surgical steel (or other precious metals).
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Just the Finnish Novita-magazine at the moment.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Oh, lots and lots. But I won't list them here because then I'll just have to go and buy them.
That's it, folks!