9.8.07

SP 11 questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Well, I do like wool and wool mixes (like +silk, +cashmir for example), merino is always nice, silk too, and cashmir and such. I don't much care for cotton, but I have knitted with that too. Though, of course, Rowan Calmer is divine. I don't like acrylics and I don't care for mohair that much either. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a yarn snob sometimes.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I just bought a roll for my dpns and for my circulars I have a very nice wood box I bought from Krakow a while back.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

For ages. I learnt in school (like most girls here do) but I did not knit that much except the mandatory school things. But during the time I was in upper secondary school, I suddenly hand an urge to knit a sweater. Which I did. And I've been knitting ever since. I did have a few year's break at some point but after I discovered all the lovely knitterly things that internet can offer, I got my groove back.

As for skill level...I guess I'd call myself advanced minus. Not quite up to calling myself advanced though, lot to learn still.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

I do, but I have not updated it for ages. So I guess it's pretty useless these days.


5. What's your favorite scent?

Umm...something fruity or citrusy. Don't like flower scents. Vanilla is nice too, if not too strong. I don't wear much scented things since I do not like strong scents. Mostly I use scented deodorant sticks or some mild body lotion. My current favourite is blackcurrant scented.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Ooo, chocolate, definitely.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Not much. I do dabble in card-making about once a year and I have tried felting but it's too much work. I do knit with a machine, though, that's a bit different than hand knitting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Well, there's over 3000 songs in my iPod at the moment, from Tchaikovski to Marilyn Manson. Not too heavy on the classical side though. And yes, my computer plays MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I tend to lean more towards cooler colours. Purples, reds, blues...you can pretty much see my colour world in my blog. I don't much care for brown or yellow. Orange is ok in some shades and green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, with cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves and mittens yes. Hats when I'm forced to (when it's too cold, hats don't look good on me), ponchos no.


12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Don't really have one.


13. What are you knitting right now?

A stripey sweater and some socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes, sure.


15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circular, metallic. Addis preferably, though lately I've knit more with my Options needles. Dpns metallic too. Bamboo is good with some yarns.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yep, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Let's see...a couple of years (or three).

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Hhhhmmm....maybe Christmas. I don't like all the pre-Christmas fuss (although I like shopping for presents) but otherwise it's a nice holiday.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Nope, not really. Although you could say I collect books since I do have plenty of them.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I just subscribed to Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits.
I would like to have a nice sock book with different heel and toe styles. Maybe Knitting on the Road? Victorian Lace Today also seems like a beautiful book. And Lingerie Style. Those came to mind.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Well, always.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yup. Umm...I have to get back on this one, but I wear European size 39.

23. When is your birthday?

July 29th.


24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Nope, still waiting for my invitation (2745 people ahead of me atm).

3 comments:

Newly Knitting said...

Do girls still learn to knit in school? My daughter's teacher (my girl is 8 years old) is planning to teach all her students - the boys too - this year. I'm going to come in to help out. My kids love to knit but usually family teaches knitting - not the school...

Niina said...

Yup, actually both girls and boys learn to knit (and crochet) at school. But most don't continue and it is easily forgotten.

Newly Knitting said...

Ooooo, I just sent you a small package and didn't check your questionnaire first!!!! I forgot! I hope that you enjoy the small things. I'm interested to hear how long it take for it to get there from here...